Franchising 101 left sidebar
Starting a House Cleaning Business
A Polished Approach to Your Professional Independence
Start your new career owning a Molly Maid® residential cleaning franchise
A home cleaning business may seem simple or ordinary. Still, when you take a closer look, you realize that homeowners across the country share a need for reliable, time-saving, trusted, and professional house cleaning services.
A home cleaning business can be a surprisingly rewarding line of work for those considering franchise business ownership. With personal time at a premium, hardworking professionals, busy couples, and active seniors are all consumers who fuel this thriving industry.
Buying a home cleaning franchise can provide you with the following advantages:
- Dependability due to repeating business from a broad base of loyal customers
- Flexible hours based on your lifestyle and that of your customers
- Low overhead costs and a cash business with limited receivables
The possibility of taking on business ownership is exciting. It's a big decision, but one that can result in a lifetime of professional and personal rewards. A housecleaning franchise is a solid, necessity-based business with steady consumer demand.
Why Molly Maid?
A Simple Business Model for Sustained Success
At Molly Maid, we keep it simple: We clean houses. That's what we do. Our business structure is not complicated, but it does offer our franchise owners an incredible opportunity to take control of their professional and financial futures while still having time to enjoy life.
Molly Maid offers cleaning service franchise opportunities with unmatched tools for success. We have hundreds of available territories across the U.S., including locations with under-served potential customers. Molly Maid franchise owners have earned a reputation for being exceptionally giving, motivated, and difference-making individuals. They represent the Molly Maid brand with pride, and you can too. There's no cleaning-industry experience required and no need to lift a mop.
We know how to set up franchisees for long-term achievement and enjoyment. With a Molly Maid cleaning service franchise, benefits include:
- Attainable work-life balance, thanks to family-friendly hours
- Ongoing training and operations support
- Business systems built for longevity: Many of our successful franchise owners have been in the system for 20+ years!
- Excellent setup for nurturing repeat customers
- Simple operations, including a start-from-home option and minimal equipment
- Prime territories with a scalable model
- Modern technology for business processes and customer support
- ProTradeNet® vendor buying power
- Joining the trusted Neighborly® family of home service brands
Hallmarks of the Molly Maid Brand
- 35+ years of sustainable and reliable business practices
- Frequently ranked in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 and the Forbes America's Best Franchises lists
- Created the Ms. Molly Foundation non-profit dedicated to aiding victims of domestic violence
- 200+ available territories
- 500+ existing franchise locations
- Robust systems that have weathered economic changes
- Hands-on services that are difficult to replace with technology
What We Do
Resources for Stability, Independence, and Success
Starting a cleaning business from scratch can be daunting; the industry is competitive, and any startup business comes with some risk. When you start a cleaning business yourself, you start at zero—with minimal/limited customer base, few business relationships, and low brand awareness. You do the market research, marketing, and maybe even the mopping. With all the business development left to you, you can find yourself with little time for a personal life.
Investing in a Molly Maid franchise is different from starting alone.
We take the guesswork out of startup, marketing, and daily operations when you invest in Molly Maid. We provide you with an established business model and the tools you need to hit the ground running.
As a Molly Maid franchise owner, you get the support that can free up your time. This means you have the chance to grow professionally and achieve a better work-life balance. Molly Maid's brand recognition is a powerful driver of your business growth, not to mention the networking opportunities, vendor relationships, and other benefits you receive as a franchise owner within the Neighborly family of brands..
Why The Residential Cleaning Industry?
A Sparkling Clean Outlook
According to a recent outlook report from research company IBIS World, the forecast for the residential cleaning services industry looks promising, with increases in high-income households continuing to drive industry revenue growth.
"The industry is expected to experience healthy growth, supported by strong economic conditions. For example, the industry benefited from an increase in households earning more than $100,000 and private spending on home improvements." - IBISWorld
By the Numbers – U.S. Residential Cleaning Services Industry
- Market Size1:
- $12 billion
- Projected Year Annualized Growth1:
- Projected Year Annualized Growth1:
- Number of Businesses1:
- Industry Employment1:
Ideal Franchise Owner
Is a Molly Maid franchise right for you? It is if you have the resources and the energy to start a business. Successful Molly Maid franchise owners are:
- Results-oriented and committed to succeeding
- Driven and have proven management skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Exceptional communicators with strong interpersonal skills
- Visionary and have perseverance to achieve their goals.
- Willing to work hard to achieve their version of financial security.
If you share these qualities, then chances are Molly Maid could be the ideal franchise opportunity for you!
Clean Sweep of Success
Molly Maid® is a trusted brand with hundreds of successful franchise businesses bringing convenience and cleanliness to homes and businesses all over the world.
As part of the Neighborly® organization, Molly Maid franchise owners have access to training, marketing, support, tools, and even vendor discounts. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a thriving in-demand industry, you’ve found it with Molly Maid® franchise ownership.