Franchise Industry StatisticsIf you’re considering owning a franchise, you’re probably deep in research. What are the franchise success statistics? What are the franchise failure statistics? Does it make sense for you to open a new franchise location or pursue an existing franchise location for sale? As a leader in home service franchising, Neighborly® is sharing today’s top franchise industry statistics to help inform your next career move.
National Franchise Statistics
Interested in knowing more facts and figures about the franchise industry? Read on to discover some interesting U.S. franchise success statistics.Call phone number
- There are nearly 674,000 franchise owners, according to Zippia.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that about 20% of independent businesses close after two years. In contrast, franchise consulting firm FranNet reports that 92% of franchisees were still going strong after two years.
- About 65% of all franchise owners are men. However, female franchise ownership jumped by 38% over the past decade, and of all new franchises opened in the last two years, 32% are owned by women.
- 10.5% of all businesses are franchises, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- About 62% of franchise owners have a bachelor’s degree
- About 14% of all franchisees are veterans. As of 2021, veterans own 66,000 franchises and generate $41 billion in GDP.
- The U.S. franchise sector is comprised of more than 780,000 businesses.
- Franchises account for about 3% of national GDP.
- The top franchises in 2021 include businesses in fast-serve restaurants, home services, real estate businesses, and travel.
The Energy of an Independent Business. The Experience of a National Brand.
Interested in franchising? Neighborly offers franchise opportunities nationwide in unique home service niches. With the rise of home repair, improvement, and remodeling activity in the U.S., our brands are stronger than ever before.Download Our E-book