Franchising 101 left sidebar
Starting an Outdoor Pest Control Business
It's Time to Consider this Expanding Niche Business
Protect your professional future (and your customers) with a Mosquito Joe® Franchise
Are you looking for a seasonal yet sensational business opportunity? If so, then a mosquito control franchise might be the perfect fit. With a relatively low cost of entry, this niche sector of the growing pest control industry offers you the ability to own a business that can provide professional freedom while also positively impacting your customers' lives and the environment.
Mosquito populations are thriving throughout the United States, and insect-borne illnesses, such as the Zika Virus and malaria, are on the rise. In addition, tick activity has increased recently, and diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever have many concerned about the health of their family and pets.
These trends spell opportunity for you, with consumers taking an ever-greater interest in their health and safety. It is a great time to discover what a Mosquito Joe franchise can do for you.
Why Mosquito Joe?
Start Your New Business with an Industry Champion
You may have a few options available for opening your own mosquito control business. But how many of those options will lead to a flexible lifestyle with specialized corporate support that allows you to be a hero in your community?
Owning a Mosquito Joe franchise can deliver those benefits and help you secure the time, satisfaction, and success you've been looking for. As one of the hottest franchise opportunities in America, successful individuals like you choose a Mosquito Joe franchise ownership for many reasons, including:
- Flourishing outdoor pest control industry driven by consumer demand to enjoy their outdoor spaces and concerns surrounding mosquito-borne illnesses
- World-class branding and marketing that makes Mosquito Joe inherently memorable
- Low investment opportunity and a fast startup
- Recurring revenue model offers long-range potential
- Home-based business offers personal, professional, and financial flexibility
- Comprehensive training with ongoing support
- Strong, long-lasting relationships and support
- State-of-the-art customer service and back-office management system
A Responsibility Towards Stewardship
Becoming a part of the Mosquito Joe family means more than joining a franchise. It means being a part of a network of individuals who not only seek to make outside fun again for their customers but who genuinely desire to make a positive impact in their local community.
Mosquito Joe was recently admitted into the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Through this partnership, our goal is to provide low-risk pest management and ensure customers can enjoy their outdoor spaces without the hassle of mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
Our partnership with PESP demonstrates our commitment to providing low-risk outdoor pest control for residential and commercial properties. As part of a small number of pest control companies and organizations with a membership, we are dedicated to educating our customers on the importance and impact of integrated pest management. We are honored to be affiliated with an elite partnership committed to providing environmentally conscious service and educating consumers.
A Reputation That Speaks for Itself
With a low franchise fee and a catchy name in a growing industry segment, Mosquito Joe franchises are popping up around the country and making headlines. Just look at some of our recent accolades.
- Franchise 500®, ranked 1st in the pest control category (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Best of the Best, ranked #1 in Pest Control, Entrepreneur (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Top Franchises Satisfaction Award, Franchise Business Review (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top Franchises for Veterans, Franchise Business Review (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top Low-Cost Franchise, Franchise Business Review (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
What We Do
You are the boss, but you always have our support.
It's natural to want to use your talents to build your own success – but what if you could do that while also getting continuous support from experts who have worked in your field for years. Mosquito Joe provides the independence of running your own business with a strong foundation of guidance and support from an established corporate office.
Whether you need suggestions for your daily operations or a clever idea for a marketing opportunity in your area, our leadership team is there to help. We have over 80 years of combined franchise knowledge and experience across multiple franchise brands.
Also, we foster an atmosphere of community, so not only do we support you through corporate initiatives, we encourage you to develop meaningful relationships that will assist you through your overall journey with Mosquito Joe.
The Resources You Need and More.
Our franchise owners are our top priority. We understand feeling secure in your business means being prepared, so we are committed to supporting you with all the information, tools, and resources you need for your business to thrive.
To do that, we provide you with exceptional support in the following areas:
- Setting up office systems and day-to-day operations
- Technology training, including operation of our proprietary software systems
- Education in the Mosquito Joe business systems, culture, and team development
- Tested marketing strategies, local marketing consulting, and access to marketing collateral
- Finance management and equipment investments
- Technology and software training
- Ongoing training and development
Why The Outdoor Pest Control Industry?
Consumer Health and Disease Control are Driving Industry Growth
The mosquito control industry is a high-growth market. Mosquito populations are flourishing throughout the United States, and insect-borne illnesses, such as West Nile Virus, are rising. In addition, tick activity has increased recently, and diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever have many concerned about the health of their family and pets.
Industry growth is forecasted to be robust. As noted in a 2021 article from Ariston Advisory & Intelligence1:
"High affordability of general pest control services is one of the major factors influencing the segment's growth. The growing incidence of pest infestation has increased the demand for these services. " – Arizton Advisory & Intelligence 20211
By the Numbers – U.S. Pest Control Industry
- Project Growth 20261:
- $16.9 billion
- Growth in 20211:
- 5 Year Annualized Growth1:
- Number of Businesses1:
- Industry Employment 20211:
Ideal Franchise Owner
Are you driven to control your destiny?
Successful Mosquito Joe franchise owners possess many of these characteristics:
- A desire and passion for serving customers
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Goal-oriented approach and is long term focused
- Thrives on achieving results
- Comfortable following a process
- Financially sound
- Likes being part of a team
Do you share these same qualities? If so, let's talk!
Create Buzz for Your Business
Some people open a Mosquito Joe® franchise because they’re in the market for an existing pest control business that’s for sale or they’re looking for a start-up opportunity. However, they want established structure rather than unknown risk. Others are current business owners, such as landscapers, who are ready to diversify their business and branch out.
No matter where you start, you’ll benefit from the comprehensive high-quality support system Mosquito Joe® and Neighborly® have in place.